- On the Settings tab of the admin WP, go to Routing > Segments.
- Click New in the upper right corner of the Segments page. Note the fields for the new segment appear at the bottom of the list.
- Specify the segment name. The name must be unique.
- Select the required parameter for Parameter 1 from the drop-down.
- Enter the value of the parameter. If it is a string one, you can select more than one value for it. In this case, the system processes the values using the OR condition.
- If necessary, add another parameter by clicking New next to the value(s) of Parameter 1.
When you add several parameters to the same segment, a thread must fit all the segment parameters you specify for it to be assigned with this segment.
- Once done, save your changes. Click Yes to the confirmation message.
By default, the new segment gets the lowest priority of all and is displayed at the bottom of the list. However, you can rearrange the segment order by using the Up and Down buttons located left of the segment name and clicking Save once done.
After the system segments the thread, it needs to route it.