- On the Settings tab of the admin WP, select Agent work place > Saved replies and tags.
- In the left section of the Saved Response Templates and Tags page, select any folder to create a tag. When creating tags (i.e. adding them to your contact center’s directory), it does not matter in which folder you do this. However, after you create tags, you need to add them to the folder where you want to use them.
These folders are the skills and departments available in your contact center (except for the Draft folder where you cannot create tags). Consequently, the tags you create in these folders are only available to those agents that belong to those departments or have those skills. For example, if an agent belongs to the Sales department, they will only see the tags that you created in the Sales folder and not the ones in the First line folder.
You can see here how many agents match the requirements (i.e. have the required skill and belong to the appropriate department) and have access to tags for each of the folders.
- Open the Tags tab on the right.
- Click the Find and add a tag field. The tag tree appears, here you can see the existing structure of the tags in your contact center (if any), and create a new one.
- Click Create.
- In the Name field, enter the tag name.
- If this is not a parent tag (i.e. not a one-level tag), select the Select the parent tag checkbox. Then, select the parent tag from the drop-down. If you select a two-level tag as the parent one, its name in the list will appear with / (for example, Urgent / Hardware malfunction, where Hardware malfunction is a child tag of the Urgent tag).
Tags can have maximum three levels.
- Save the new tag.
You have added a tag to the list of tags available in your contact center. But for it to appear in the directory and become available to agents, you need to select it for the folder.