You can deflect the IVR calls your company receives to WhatsApp. This will allow your clients to communicate with your company in a channel that is more convenient for them. This will also transfer a significant part of your company’s traffic to the most popular digital channel and considerably increase the contact center’s KPIs.
To deflect IVR to WhatsApp, you need to:
- Register a WhatsApp Business API account.
- Create and register a WhatsApp message template. See the recommended text for the template below.
- Integrate edna API with the IVR system to send a message based on the template. The interaction scheme is described below.
- Configure the IVR system so that when a client calls and presses a specific button in tone mode, the system sends a template message to WhatsApp.
- Test the deflection process.
- Deploy the integration into production.
- Follow our recommendations.
- A client calls the company phone number.
- At some point, the IVR informs the client that they can ask their question in a WhatsApp chat with the company. To do that, in tone mode, they need to press a specific number (for example, 1).
- The client presses 1.
- The IVR requests the edna API to send the template message to the client’s WhatsApp.
- edna checks whether the client has a WhatsApp account.
- If yes, edna sends the sent status to the IVR and sends the message to the client. The IVR receives the status and finishes the call with the client.
- If no, edna sends the no WhatsApp status to the IVR. The IVR receives the status and informs the client that the WhatsApp chat option is unavailable for them.
Important: This is a rare case.
Thank you for choosing us. How can we help?
IVR voice message template:
We are now available in WhatsApp messenger. To ask your question in the chat there, press 1 and we will message you via WhatsApp.
- Consider offering IVR deflection to WhatsApp to some of your clients (depending on their segment). For example, only to VIP clients.
- Consider offering IVR deflection to WhatsApp to a part of the clients depending on their request, its subject, and urgency. For example, only to the clients that contact your company with basic requests.
- Roll out the deflection process gradually to avoid overloading the employees of your contact center.
- Consider assigning a higher priority to the clients who got to the WhatsApp chat through the IVR.