On the Users tab, you can create, edit, and block edna user accounts.
Before you start creating users, your system admin needs to preconfigure the following:
- Add the department directory (at least 1 department must be available)
- Add agent skills (optional)
To create a user account:
- On the Users tab of the admin WP, in the top right corner, click New User . The New User page opens.
- In the Login field, enter a unique login for the new user. The login is case-sensitive and you cannot change it after you save it.
- In the Email field, enter the user’s email address in the <text>@<text>.<text> format.
- In the Password field, enter a password for the new user. The password is case-sensitive and can only contain Latin characters. Also, if configured by the admin, it might require a specific rule to be fulfilled (for example, a rule that the password must contain at least one special character, etc). This rule is specified below the Password field.
- From the Role drop-down, select the new user’s role. The following options are available:
- Agent – A user who processed threads
- Supervisor – A user who manages agents
- Admin –A user who configures the system
- System user – A service user from whose name some system notifications are sent
- If you are creating an agent user account, specify the agent’s supervisor in the Supervisor’s group drop-down. The Department field fills in with the department the agent belongs to based on the selected supervisor.
- If you are creating a supervisor user account, also:
- Select the supervisor’s department in the Department drop-down.
- Select check boxes next to the permissions you want the supervisor to have:
- Allow thread transfer in History – Enables thread transfer for the supervisor
- Allow to manage agent’s and supervisor’s accounts – Enables the Users tab in the supervisor WP and allows the supervisor to create agent and supervisor user accounts.
- Allow to manage agent’s sessions – Enables the Settings tab in the supervisor WP and allows the supervisor to manage agent sessions on the Session Settings page.
- Specify the new user’s user name in the User name field. This field is mandatory for all users. However, if you are creating an agent and also specify the agent’s alias, their user name is only used internally in the system and is not shown to clients.
- Specify the user’s gender.
- If you are creating an agent user account, also:
- In the User alias field, enter the agent’s alias you want clients to see instead of their name. This field is optional.
- Click the Skills field and select the agent’s skills.
- Add a photo for the new user.
- Save the changes. The new user appears in the list on the Users tab.