The notifications tab contains your notifications sent by the supervisor or the system (including the ones with the scores you receive from your clients). To open the tab, click the Bell button in the top right corner next to your avatar.
There are three types of notifications: the actual notifications , news , and reminders , and three tabs for them: New, Pinned, and All.
Once you close the new notifications, the New tab clears and the notification counter turns 0. However, you can still review them on the All tab or pin any of them and review them on the Pinned tab.
Notifications on Thread Updates
- A new thread has been assigned
- A client has replied to your message in a thread
- It’s time to reply to a pinned message
- You receive a warning on being inactive
- You are moved to the Inactive status because of being inactive (that is if you have not been active for a long time – have not sent and received messages with a thread open in the chat area)
The system uses four types of notifications:
- A browser notification: This is a browser notification with the text of the event that requires your attention. To receive such notifications, they must be enabled in the browser settings for the edna website you are using (depending on your general settings, the website might or might not ask to enable the notifications the first time you log in). You receive these notifications if the tab with the event (a new thread, client reply, etc.) is open but not active and you are working in another tab/application.
Browser notifications are supported by the browsers listed here.
- A drop-down notification: A grey drop-down that appears for all events except for warnings about being inactive and being moved to the Inactive status. Such notifications do not display when you work in the Queue thread mode. In the Pinned thread mode, you receive notifications on new threads and messages, in the Closed thread mode – on new threads and messages and when it’s time to reply to a pinned message.
- Dynamic substitution of the browser tab title: A blinking notification that you can see instead of the edna tab title. It displays the number of the events that have happened in the tab while it is inactive (for example, when you are working in another tab/application).
This notification also appears in the tab even when it’s active:
- In the Pinned thread mode, if you receive notifications on new threads and messages
- In the Closed thread mode, if you receive new threads and messages and when it’s time to reply to a pinned message.
- A sound notification: A sound that is played for all events except for when you are moved to the Inactive status because of being inactive. Note that if there are several new messages in an active thread, the sound notification is only played for the first one.
Sound notifications are disabled by default and you need to turn them on by yourself. To do that, go to the agent card and toggle them on.