- In your agent WP, open the agent card (top right corner of the page).
- Click Out. No new threads are assigned to you until you go back to Active, so you can finish off your current threads, transfer them to other agents, etc.
Also, you can use the Out status when you need to process threads (both incoming and outgoing) created within the Assign the client to the agent timeout. Within this timeout, you process threads with a client that is assigned specifically to you (if, for example, you were talking to this client on the phone and then decided to move to edna), and the system doesn’t assign any other threads to you.
Alternatively, if you want to finish your shift, you can select one of the Inactive statuses. The system then moves you to the Active (finishing work) status and displays a warning that no new threads are assigned to you but you need to process all threads in your queue to go fully inactive. For more detail on the Inactive status, refer to the Going Inactive article.
- Click Sign out to sign out of your agent account and finish your shift.
Recommendations for Signing Out
If you don’t have threads in your personal queue, you can sign out of the system by clicking Sign out in the agent’s card even if you have the Active status.
If you have threads in your personal queue, but all of them are pending the clients’ responses (i.e. you have replied to all of them and none of them is open in the chat area), you can also sign out of the system by clicking Sign out in the agent’s card even if you have the Active status. Note that:
- The threads will close according to the thread closure timeout.
- If a client replies before the timeout ends (and you are already signed out), the thread will be moved to another agent according to the routing rules.
If you have unanswered threads in your personal queue and you want to go on a break or sign out, complete the following steps:
- Select the required status (Out or one of the Inactive ones) on the agent’s card. The system stops assigning new threads to you.
- Close your threads: reply to all the threads (so each of them is pending a client’s response), finish each of the chats or transfer them to other agents.
- Click Sign Out.
If you click Sign out when you have an active thread (i.e. a thread is open in the chat area) or a thread that is pending an agent’s response, the system will route these threads to other agents. However, if any of those threads are pinned, they will stay assigned to you.