- In the web widget, we have implemented support for clickable phone numbers in messages sent by agents/clients. When clicking such a number, it will open a standard software for phone calls on the user’s device.
A clickable phone number is validated as follows:
- The number of digits in the phone number is 10 or 11
- The phone number starts with 8, 7, +7
- The phone number can have the following characters: spaces, dashes, dots, and brackets
- We have implemented standardization of numbers on the system side:
- The system now changes 8 or 7 at the beginning of phone numbers to +7. For example: an agent sends 89999999999, but the number in their message will be sent to the client as +79999999999.
- If a phone number contains dots, they will be replaced with dashes. For example: an agent sends +7.999.999.99.99, but the number in their message will be sent to the client as +7-999-999-99-99.
In both the examples, the numbers will be stored the same standardized way in the chat history.
Some numbers that clients can send in a non-standard format will not display as clickable until you refresh the page.